Friday, November 13, 2009

Graduate School isn't for me.

So I've heard a lot of different options and opinions about graduate school over the years and especially this year in particular. I have always had a love/hate relationship when it came to school, and although I thought it was a waste of time and I never wanted to go, I do love to learn and think of knowledge as power so it has always been a struggle. I'm really eager to get out in the world and experience trying to make connections, producing my own work, and making a living even if it's an even bigger struggle. Also, another factor in my decision to wait on grad school was that I am not sure what I would want to pursue in it since I have several strong interests in painting, collage, and art history along with my concentration of graphic design. Given a year or so to find a direction is probably a good idea.I definitely would consider going to graduate school a year or two after graduation after I have built a stronger network and experienced working as an artist, building my resume. Then, strictly from the information and opinions from my classes, teachers, and other students, I want to say that if I apply to a graduate school I would like to apply to Yale University as my first choice, but also apply to Mason Gross and possibly RISD.

No comments:

Post a Comment